NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» R A Shufflebotham, painter (Not NZ)
Handpotted and decorated mug by Peter Faulkner, founder of Splashy EmptyToday at 7:46 by Maryr

» Northland Pottery identification
Handpotted and decorated mug by Peter Faulkner, founder of Splashy EmptyThu 25 Jul - 16:57 by Wayne

» Topaz Tableware by Crown Lynn
Handpotted and decorated mug by Peter Faulkner, founder of Splashy EmptyWed 24 Jul - 15:53 by Ev

» Like Topaz and Like Vintage made in Philippines
Handpotted and decorated mug by Peter Faulkner, founder of Splashy EmptyWed 24 Jul - 15:48 by Itsyawnoc

» Crown Lynn bambi lamp for gallery
Handpotted and decorated mug by Peter Faulkner, founder of Splashy EmptyTue 23 Jul - 19:24 by BeauMontgomeryEverett

» Shape 72 being used for the first time ...
Handpotted and decorated mug by Peter Faulkner, founder of Splashy EmptyTue 23 Jul - 10:38 by Ev

» Blue glaze cup CB?
Handpotted and decorated mug by Peter Faulkner, founder of Splashy EmptySun 21 Jul - 17:28 by Ferret

» Vintage Pat. No. 982
Handpotted and decorated mug by Peter Faulkner, founder of Splashy EmptySat 20 Jul - 18:15 by nessymc2

» Can you help with identifying this Potters Mark please?
Handpotted and decorated mug by Peter Faulkner, founder of Splashy EmptySat 20 Jul - 15:35 by JanPots

Handpotted and decorated mug by Peter Faulkner, founder of Splashy

5 posters

Go down

Handpotted and decorated mug by Peter Faulkner, founder of Splashy Empty Handpotted and decorated mug by Peter Faulkner, founder of Splashy

Post  Jeremy Ashford Thu 30 Jun - 14:33

Handpotted and decorated mug by Peter Faulkner.
And not marked Splashy.

I bit the bullet on this one. The backstamp is so amazing, and ...

Well this is a bother. I know I have commented on Peter Faulkner and Splashy before but I can't find it searching "Splashy", "Faulkner", "fish", or "fishy" and some of the Kermiko/Pacific-Originals/Sunnyvale topics, which also feature fishy pieces. (Faulkner started Splashy.)

Gist of it was that I said I preferred Peter Faulkner's Splashy artwork to what came later, with particular reference to mumof1's toothbrush holder and one signed Faulkner for sale on tm, which I took to be earlier.

Point is, this handpotted Faulkner mug, clearly marked as Faulkner's work, is a match for the artwork on mumof1's Splashy piece, particularly in the representation of the water.

Even so, I'm glad to have it, and thrilled that it turned out to be thrown rather than cast.
Handpotted and decorated mug by Peter Faulkner, founder of Splashy Faulkn10
about 95mm H, thrown mug with applied decoration, marked Peter Faulkner
Handpotted and decorated mug by Peter Faulkner, founder of Splashy Faulkn11

I usually tack a mark onto my main pic but this deserved a pic of its own.

Anne's Splashy piece showing similar decoration:
Handpotted and decorated mug by Peter Faulkner, founder of Splashy Dsc03719
photo by mumof1

Splashy:
https://www.newzealandpottery.net/t5755-splashy-nz#22006

Kat, Anne, are your Splashy pieces handpotted or cast?

Last edited by Jeremy Ashford on Thu 30 Jun - 17:33; edited 2 times in total
Jeremy Ashford
Jeremy Ashford

Number of posts : 3193
Registration date : 2010-09-11

Back to top Go down

Handpotted and decorated mug by Peter Faulkner, founder of Splashy Empty Re: Handpotted and decorated mug by Peter Faulkner, founder of Splashy

Post  Kat & Co. Thu 30 Jun - 17:00

I think mine is handpotted..I will add it to my clay stuff so you can see it. cat
Kat & Co.
Kat & Co.

Number of posts : 2314
Registration date : 2012-12-03

Back to top Go down

Handpotted and decorated mug by Peter Faulkner, founder of Splashy Empty Re: Handpotted and decorated mug by Peter Faulkner, founder of Splashy

Post  Maryr Thu 30 Jun - 17:06

Oh... I was so tempted by that Peter Faulkner mug. Glad you got it Jeremy.
Maryr
Maryr

Number of posts : 1988
Registration date : 2011-11-17

Back to top Go down

Post  mumof1 Sat 2 Jul - 16:35

I would say hand potted too Jeremy. Although is looks straight, after close scrutiny, you can see that it is not quite as perfect as it would be if it were slipcast.
mumof1
mumof1
Admin

Number of posts : 2369
Registration date : 2011-03-21

Back to top Go down

Handpotted and decorated mug by Peter Faulkner, founder of Splashy Empty A Peter Faulkner octopus cup

Post  Kotuku Sat 8 Jul - 14:56

Found this Peter Faulkner octopus cup with a similar backstamp to the one shown in this topic Smile very cute! Handpotted and decorated mug by Peter Faulkner, founder of Splashy Img_0220
Handpotted and decorated mug by Peter Faulkner, founder of Splashy Img_0222

Kotuku

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2022-05-21

Ev likes this post

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum