NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» R A Shufflebotham, painter (Not NZ)
Pottery by Jane Gregory/McCallum, Nelson EmptyToday at 7:46 by Maryr

» Northland Pottery identification
Pottery by Jane Gregory/McCallum, Nelson EmptyThu 25 Jul - 16:57 by Wayne

» Topaz Tableware by Crown Lynn
Pottery by Jane Gregory/McCallum, Nelson EmptyWed 24 Jul - 15:53 by Ev

» Like Topaz and Like Vintage made in Philippines
Pottery by Jane Gregory/McCallum, Nelson EmptyWed 24 Jul - 15:48 by Itsyawnoc

» Crown Lynn bambi lamp for gallery
Pottery by Jane Gregory/McCallum, Nelson EmptyTue 23 Jul - 19:24 by BeauMontgomeryEverett

» Shape 72 being used for the first time ...
Pottery by Jane Gregory/McCallum, Nelson EmptyTue 23 Jul - 10:38 by Ev

» Blue glaze cup CB?
Pottery by Jane Gregory/McCallum, Nelson EmptySun 21 Jul - 17:28 by Ferret

» Vintage Pat. No. 982
Pottery by Jane Gregory/McCallum, Nelson EmptySat 20 Jul - 18:15 by nessymc2

» Can you help with identifying this Potters Mark please?
Pottery by Jane Gregory/McCallum, Nelson EmptySat 20 Jul - 15:35 by JanPots

Pottery by Jane Gregory/McCallum, Nelson

3 posters

Go down

Pottery by Jane Gregory/McCallum, Nelson Empty Pottery by Jane Gregory/McCallum, Nelson

Post  R L Pike Wed 20 Jul - 16:40

I responded yesterday to a TradeMe auction which was listed as possibly a Crewenna piece but identified it as a tankard by Nelson potter, Jane McCallum (was Gregory). I have two of Jane's tankards and I was pretty certain that the one listed is Jane's work. The seller asked me for more information regarding Jane's potting history and photographs of her work. TradeMe was obviously not the place to provide this information ... is the current seller of this piece of pottery a member of this Forum, I wonder? I have a few pieces of Jane's work which I could send to them. I feel very sure that Jane didn't sign her work - the pieces I own are not signed. Jane lives in Nelson but, as far as I am aware, is no longer potting. Please contact me through this forum if I can be of any help. Cheers.

R L Pike

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2014-11-27

Back to top Go down

Pottery by Jane Gregory/McCallum, Nelson Empty Re: Pottery by Jane Gregory/McCallum, Nelson

Post  mumof1 Thu 21 Jul - 8:35

Perhaps you could send us the link to the auction please, and then we would have a clue as to whether they are a member.
mumof1
mumof1
Admin

Number of posts : 2369
Registration date : 2011-03-21

Back to top Go down

Pottery by Jane Gregory/McCallum, Nelson Empty Re: Pottery by Jane Gregory/McCallum, Nelson

Post  R L Pike Thu 21 Jul - 9:21

Hi Anne .. I'm not doing this very well .. have replied once and forgot to hit "Send" .. how dumb is that! I have no idea how to send a link and just don't "get" that sort of stuff. However, have checked the auction site and the seller is listed as "Rob" and home town is given as Levin. I am happy to take photos of the pots I own which were made by Jane Gregory/McCallum and can send them to you and you can use them for file references or whatever. I did identify a lovely piece of Jane's work some time ago on a TradeMe site and could tell by the response that they didn't believe me .. Cheers.

R L Pike

Back to top Go down

Pottery by Jane Gregory/McCallum, Nelson Empty Jane Gregory/McCallum

Post  Iti Tue 27 Apr - 15:49

Pottery by Jane Gregory/McCallum, Nelson F5088b10
Pottery by Jane Gregory/McCallum, Nelson 21436f10
Just acquired these two beauties and thankfully identified the maker through this site

Iti

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2021-04-26

Ev likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  R L Pike Tue 27 Apr - 16:51

What a great find! Lovely pieces - congratulations!

R L Pike

Iti likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Iti Wed 28 Apr - 0:01

Yes it was a great find... I saw them and loved them the. Scoured the internet for anything which looked like these items as there were no marks to identify.  It was on this forum that I found the images of similar items in the blues and pinks, I think a mug, bowl of some sort and a teapot. ....then someone confirmed it on a Facebook post I made ...... once the items were confirmed as being nz made I went back to the shop and grabbed them .... happy to purchase something I love and more so made by a talented nz potter

Iti

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2021-04-26

Ev likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  R L Pike Wed 28 Apr - 7:39

I did find out, some time after tentatively commenting on Jane's pots, that some of her work is stamped 'Peninsula Pottery". Cheers.

R L Pike

Hannele and Iti like this post

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum