NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» R A Shufflebotham, painter (Not NZ)
This is not the work of June Reay, so who made this mark? EmptyToday at 7:46 by Maryr

» Northland Pottery identification
This is not the work of June Reay, so who made this mark? EmptyThu 25 Jul - 16:57 by Wayne

» Topaz Tableware by Crown Lynn
This is not the work of June Reay, so who made this mark? EmptyWed 24 Jul - 15:53 by Ev

» Like Topaz and Like Vintage made in Philippines
This is not the work of June Reay, so who made this mark? EmptyWed 24 Jul - 15:48 by Itsyawnoc

» Crown Lynn bambi lamp for gallery
This is not the work of June Reay, so who made this mark? EmptyTue 23 Jul - 19:24 by BeauMontgomeryEverett

» Shape 72 being used for the first time ...
This is not the work of June Reay, so who made this mark? EmptyTue 23 Jul - 10:38 by Ev

» Blue glaze cup CB?
This is not the work of June Reay, so who made this mark? EmptySun 21 Jul - 17:28 by Ferret

» Vintage Pat. No. 982
This is not the work of June Reay, so who made this mark? EmptySat 20 Jul - 18:15 by nessymc2

» Can you help with identifying this Potters Mark please?
This is not the work of June Reay, so who made this mark? EmptySat 20 Jul - 15:35 by JanPots

This is not the work of June Reay, so who made this mark?

3 posters

Go down

This is not the work of June Reay, so who made this mark? Empty This is not the work of June Reay, so who made this mark?

Post  Ev Sun 31 Jul - 9:35

Photos courtesy of the Ferret:

This is not the work of June Reay, so who made this mark? June_r10

This is not the work of June Reay, so who made this mark? Reay_j10

Last edited by Ev on Thu 22 Mar - 7:47; edited 1 time in total
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17868
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

This is not the work of June Reay, so who made this mark? Empty Re: This is not the work of June Reay, so who made this mark?

Post  Hannele Tue 20 Mar - 17:43

Does this look like June's work (and mark) to you all?
This is not the work of June Reay, so who made this mark? Dsc01922
This is not the work of June Reay, so who made this mark? Dsc01925
Hannele
Hannele

Number of posts : 702
Registration date : 2018-02-03

Back to top Go down

This is not the work of June Reay, so who made this mark? Empty June Reay's Pots?

Post  R L Pike Wed 21 Mar - 21:36

Neither of these pots are June Reay's as far as I'm concerned. You should have some examples of June's pots in your gallery or wherever you file such things as I sent in a range of photos of June's work some time ago. Cheers Smile

R L Pike

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2014-11-27

Back to top Go down

This is not the work of June Reay, so who made this mark? Empty Re: This is not the work of June Reay, so who made this mark?

Post  Ev Thu 22 Mar - 7:50

Thanks Linda for your advice.
When people send in photos of pots and marks, I'm always hopeful that they are correct.
However time usually sorts out the incorrect ones and thanks for taking the time to let us know.
Your other post about June's work and mark is still on the site and can be found by searching reay
https://www.newzealandpottery.net/t2854-jr-mystery-mark-plus-june-reay
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17868
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

This is not the work of June Reay, so who made this mark? Empty June Reay's Pots...

Post  R L Pike Thu 22 Mar - 9:44

Hi .. I'm still not 100% sure of how this site works! June is a friend of mine, and I know that in many instances her work wasn't signed. Another friend of mine, Jack Robinson used (obviously) the same initials and some confusion had arisen in Nelson as to the identity of various pieces of pottery marked "JR".
My identification of pottery (mostly Nelson-made) is by style and decoration but I do admire the knowledge of many members of this site who recognised marks/stamps etc! I really enjoy browsing this site and my favourite section is "Who Made This?" !! Many thanks Smile Lynda

R L Pike

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2014-11-27

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum