NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Large bowl with unknown mark.
Beaker by Mark Goody and Emily Siddell EmptyYesterday at 14:26 by kitsch

»  Who is F Cubbon ??
Beaker by Mark Goody and Emily Siddell EmptyYesterday at 13:43 by Ev

» Is this Irene Spiller?
Beaker by Mark Goody and Emily Siddell EmptyYesterday at 13:31 by Ev

» Neil Hay Christchurch
Beaker by Mark Goody and Emily Siddell EmptyYesterday at 13:03 by Ev

» Dave King
Beaker by Mark Goody and Emily Siddell EmptyYesterday at 12:55 by Ev

» Archlynn Ceramics Made In New Zealand
Beaker by Mark Goody and Emily Siddell EmptyYesterday at 9:24 by Ev

» NZ Potteries Wellington awesome Teapot !
Beaker by Mark Goody and Emily Siddell EmptyYesterday at 9:15 by Ev

» Fabulous early Teapot by Len Castle
Beaker by Mark Goody and Emily Siddell EmptyYesterday at 8:55 by Ev

» Martin McLean
Beaker by Mark Goody and Emily Siddell EmptyYesterday at 8:48 by Ev

Beaker by Mark Goody and Emily Siddell

2 posters

Go down

Beaker by Mark Goody and Emily Siddell Empty Beaker by Mark Goody and Emily Siddell

Post  Jeremy Ashford Sun 28 Aug - 16:37

Beaker by Mark Goody and Emily Siddell.

Please excuse me for not having the complete or proper description for what we have here. I know Mark and Emily have been working on a project for a while involving materials from the Crown Lynn site. I was so blown away by the range of work and so much new to me at Clay Works that it didn't all stick. And I'm just guessing that this was fired at the bottom of Mark's garden where he was in the process of building a wood kiln last time I visited.

Despite the lack of a handle (sometimes a mug collector must allow exceptions) this was a must buy for me. Although it has been neatly and clearly marked by the makers the firing process has worked against me here. We do not have an Emily Siddell mark in the gallery and this one is not much help.
Beaker by Mark Goody and Emily Siddell Markem10
Jeremy Ashford
Jeremy Ashford

Number of posts : 3193
Registration date : 2010-09-11

Back to top Go down

Beaker by Mark Goody and Emily Siddell Empty Re: Beaker by Mark Goody and Emily Siddell

Post  Ev Sun 28 Aug - 17:17

Very interesting Jeremy.  I would call it a beaker.
Last time I was at Mark's place he was drying bird bones that were found at the old Crown Lynn site to make bone ash.  I wonder if that ingredient is included here?
As you know who the collaborators are I will move this topic to the Studio Pottery category.  Hopefully someone will get us a good mark from Emily sometime soon.

I had seen some of their work in photos from the Waiheke Community Art Gallery exhibition Fire Force - New Ceramics

https://www.facebook.com/aspnz/photos/a.1171810182840784.1073741861.188788714476274/1171813949507074/?type=3&theater
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17666
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

Beaker by Mark Goody and Emily Siddell Empty Re: Beaker by Mark Goody and Emily Siddell

Post  Jeremy Ashford Sun 28 Aug - 17:49

Yes I knew the beaker bit. What I meant was the description of the process and how it related to the Crown Lynn site. I too had seen Mark working on the bones but I think the notice at the market referred to the clay. As I say it was such a rush, so much to take in: I really need to just take photos of the words and read it later.

Whatever they did I think the result is an amazing finish on a well-styled beaker.

--------
9/9/16 Mark says ...
"The glaze on the beaker is basically a Zircon white glaze over a Barnard clay slip....plus a secret ingredient that we can't divulge as we have to keep some tricks up our sleeves ... it was fired in Steve Aitken's wood kiln with a touch of soda."
Jeremy Ashford
Jeremy Ashford

Number of posts : 3193
Registration date : 2010-09-11

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum