NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» R A Shufflebotham, painter (Not NZ)
 This is the flame and lightning bolt symbol for the Hutt Valley Electric Power and Gas Board EmptyToday at 7:46 by Maryr

» Northland Pottery identification
 This is the flame and lightning bolt symbol for the Hutt Valley Electric Power and Gas Board EmptyThu 25 Jul - 16:57 by Wayne

» Topaz Tableware by Crown Lynn
 This is the flame and lightning bolt symbol for the Hutt Valley Electric Power and Gas Board EmptyWed 24 Jul - 15:53 by Ev

» Like Topaz and Like Vintage made in Philippines
 This is the flame and lightning bolt symbol for the Hutt Valley Electric Power and Gas Board EmptyWed 24 Jul - 15:48 by Itsyawnoc

» Crown Lynn bambi lamp for gallery
 This is the flame and lightning bolt symbol for the Hutt Valley Electric Power and Gas Board EmptyTue 23 Jul - 19:24 by BeauMontgomeryEverett

» Shape 72 being used for the first time ...
 This is the flame and lightning bolt symbol for the Hutt Valley Electric Power and Gas Board EmptyTue 23 Jul - 10:38 by Ev

» Blue glaze cup CB?
 This is the flame and lightning bolt symbol for the Hutt Valley Electric Power and Gas Board EmptySun 21 Jul - 17:28 by Ferret

» Vintage Pat. No. 982
 This is the flame and lightning bolt symbol for the Hutt Valley Electric Power and Gas Board EmptySat 20 Jul - 18:15 by nessymc2

» Can you help with identifying this Potters Mark please?
 This is the flame and lightning bolt symbol for the Hutt Valley Electric Power and Gas Board EmptySat 20 Jul - 15:35 by JanPots

This is the flame and lightning bolt symbol for the Hutt Valley Electric Power and Gas Board

2 posters

Go down

This is the flame and lightning bolt symbol for the Hutt Valley Electric Power and Gas Board Empty This is the flame and lightning bolt symbol for the Hutt Valley Electric Power and Gas Board

Post  obwos Mon 10 Oct - 16:29

Can anyone tell me what the logo / badge on this dinner plate is? This is the flame and lightning bolt symbol for the Hutt Valley Electric Power and Gas Board 100_9716
 This is the flame and lightning bolt symbol for the Hutt Valley Electric Power and Gas Board 100_9717

obwos

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2016-10-10

Back to top Go down

This is the flame and lightning bolt symbol for the Hutt Valley Electric Power and Gas Board Empty Re: This is the flame and lightning bolt symbol for the Hutt Valley Electric Power and Gas Board

Post  Ev Mon 10 Oct - 17:30

Hi there obwos and welcome to the site Very Happy

I have never come across that badge before so I can't help you identify it.
However I would like to add it to the Crown Lynn Monogrammed Ware Gallery and credit you with the photo and hopefully someone will come along and let us know what it really represents.

https://www.newzealandpottery.net/gallery/More-Crown-Lynn-Galleries/Crown-Lynn-Monogrammed-Ware/Crown-Lynn-Monogrammed-Ware-cat_c58.htm
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17868
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

This is the flame and lightning bolt symbol for the Hutt Valley Electric Power and Gas Board Empty Re: This is the flame and lightning bolt symbol for the Hutt Valley Electric Power and Gas Board

Post  obwos Mon 10 Oct - 17:43

Thanks Ev, that's great Very Happy

obwos

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Thu 8 Dec - 7:41

A trip to the Crown Lynn Museum yesterday revealed that this logo is for

H.V.E.P and G Board and uses a flame and lightning bolt symbol.

I'm not 100% sure which company this is, but it could be someone like this crowd ..

http://www.hvpower.co.nz/AboutUs/ContactUs.html

Does anyone else have any ideas?
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  obwos Thu 8 Dec - 8:04

I have investigated quickly on google and found that it would be the Hutt Valley Electric Power & Gas Board. Thank you so much for the help Ev.

obwos

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Thu 8 Dec - 8:07

Brilliant, thanks for your help obwos.
I will correct the headings.
I just found a reference to Wellington on another entry with this logo and was going to investigate that, but now I don't need to Very Happy
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum