NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Large bowl with unknown mark.
A significant Rancich/Silva little vase with 2 on the base. EmptyYesterday at 14:26 by kitsch

»  Who is F Cubbon ??
A significant Rancich/Silva little vase with 2 on the base. EmptyYesterday at 13:43 by Ev

» Is this Irene Spiller?
A significant Rancich/Silva little vase with 2 on the base. EmptyYesterday at 13:31 by Ev

» Neil Hay Christchurch
A significant Rancich/Silva little vase with 2 on the base. EmptyYesterday at 13:03 by Ev

» Dave King
A significant Rancich/Silva little vase with 2 on the base. EmptyYesterday at 12:55 by Ev

» Archlynn Ceramics Made In New Zealand
A significant Rancich/Silva little vase with 2 on the base. EmptyYesterday at 9:24 by Ev

» NZ Potteries Wellington awesome Teapot !
A significant Rancich/Silva little vase with 2 on the base. EmptyYesterday at 9:15 by Ev

» Fabulous early Teapot by Len Castle
A significant Rancich/Silva little vase with 2 on the base. EmptyYesterday at 8:55 by Ev

» Martin McLean
A significant Rancich/Silva little vase with 2 on the base. EmptyYesterday at 8:48 by Ev

A significant Rancich/Silva little vase with 2 on the base.

2 posters

Go down

A significant Rancich/Silva little vase with 2 on the base. Empty A significant Rancich/Silva little vase with 2 on the base.

Post  Ev Thu 10 Nov - 11:35

This is a really important little vase as there is a 2 stamped on the base and I'm hoping it is unique to the Rancich/Silva pottery.  I have a photo with 62 stamped on a Glen Afton jug/vase and will compare these side by side at the end of this post.

The vase is only 7cmh and has been painted all over with a cream colour paint then some skilled decorator has painted the two birds onto it.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Base photo .. the number wasn't really visible, but a magnifying glass let me see it and a pencil rubbed over it shows it so the camera could catch it.

Now the Glen Afton 62 to compare the two 2's ...

Do you think they are different enough to use to identify each pottery maker?
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17666
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

A significant Rancich/Silva little vase with 2 on the base. Empty Re: A significant Rancich/Silva little vase with 2 on the base.

Post  Maryr Fri 11 Nov - 6:55

Argh. I have been trawling through our pix of Ranchich/Silva/Glen Afton pots and I still don't have any clear thoughts on this numbers issue. Good luck Ev! And aren't those little swallows lovely.
Maryr
Maryr

Number of posts : 1971
Registration date : 2011-11-17

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum