NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Help with a Maker's Mark please ????
Stage Artware Tea Set-Sunflower in Dark Blue Background EmptyThu 25 Apr - 20:02 by LaLa

» Titian mug from fi ....
Stage Artware Tea Set-Sunflower in Dark Blue Background EmptyThu 25 Apr - 6:50 by Ev

» Studio Ceramics swans and dimensions
Stage Artware Tea Set-Sunflower in Dark Blue Background EmptySun 21 Apr - 14:36 by Ev

» Catherine Anselmi and Carla Clee 1989
Stage Artware Tea Set-Sunflower in Dark Blue Background EmptySat 20 Apr - 10:00 by Ev

» Deer and Fawn was made in Japan.
Stage Artware Tea Set-Sunflower in Dark Blue Background EmptySat 20 Apr - 9:48 by Maryr

» Large colourful vase signed “Ev”? 1990 who is the potter please?
Stage Artware Tea Set-Sunflower in Dark Blue Background EmptyFri 19 Apr - 10:27 by Ev

» Large striking vase with unknown mark and incised “RATA”:
Stage Artware Tea Set-Sunflower in Dark Blue Background EmptyFri 19 Apr - 10:25 by Ev

» Steenstra majestic Vase
Stage Artware Tea Set-Sunflower in Dark Blue Background EmptyFri 19 Apr - 7:13 by Ev

» Temuka Elephant
Stage Artware Tea Set-Sunflower in Dark Blue Background EmptyThu 18 Apr - 11:20 by Melita

Stage Artware Tea Set-Sunflower in Dark Blue Background

3 posters

Go down

Stage Artware Tea Set-Sunflower in Dark Blue Background Empty Stage Artware Tea Set-Sunflower in Dark Blue Background

Post  Snooks65 Mon 8 May - 14:52

I have a set of teapot, milk jug, sugar bowl, mug & breakfast plate as remnants of a wedding set I have had more than 20 years ago from the shop on K'Rd. I could not find the shop on my recent trip in March 2017 and wondered where I might be able to find this series of plates and mugs(if any). Attached are photos of the remnants of my 20 year old collection. Any ideas or suggestions are appreciated. Many thanks.
Stage Artware Tea Set-Sunflower in Dark Blue Background Stage_10
Stage Artware Tea Set-Sunflower in Dark Blue Background Stage_10
Snooks65
Snooks65

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2017-04-09

Back to top Go down

Stage Artware Tea Set-Sunflower in Dark Blue Background Empty Re: Stage Artware Tea Set-Sunflower in Dark Blue Background

Post  Maryr Sun 14 May - 11:36

Hi Snooks65, I see you are looking for more Stage in the Sunflower pattern. This was made during time that Beverley White owned the company, during the 1990s. Unfortunately Stage has long since closed down. Fortunately Beverley stamped almost all the work produced during her time, so if you search "Stage Artware" on Trademe, and also trawl your way though opshops, you will find the occasional piece. There is however not a lot around, and it is becoming quite collectable, so it will be a long-term project! All the best.
Maryr
Maryr

Number of posts : 1975
Registration date : 2011-11-17

Back to top Go down

Stage Artware Tea Set-Sunflower in Dark Blue Background Empty Re: Stage Artware Tea Set-Sunflower in Dark Blue Background

Post  Snooks65 Mon 15 May - 18:32

Thanks so much Maryr. Good to know what happened to Stage.
So the hunt continues!
Snooks65
Snooks65

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Tue 23 May - 12:29

Which area do you live in snooks?
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17728
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Snooks65 Mon 29 May - 22:41

Hi EV,
I am currently living overseas. I used to live in Auckland. Why do you ask?
Snooks65
Snooks65

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Tue 30 May - 5:58

Hi again, I saw quite a bit of Stage Artware in a second hand shop last week and thought that if you lived nearby you could check it out.  Alas you won't be able to.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Snooks65 Tue 30 May - 18:11

Hi Ev
Where was this 2nd hand shop? I have a relative who lives in Auckland and I am planning to return to NZ either end of this year or early next year and may be able to check it out then?
Snooks65
Snooks65

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Tue 30 May - 19:20

Here are the details and good luck ...

http://www.secondhandselection.co.nz/
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Snooks65 Wed 31 May - 14:21

Thanks so much, Ev! Have a great day!
Snooks65
Snooks65

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum