NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» R A Shufflebotham, painter (Not NZ)
Does anyone recognise this? Chris Weaver has confirmed this as his work. EmptyToday at 7:46 by Maryr

» Northland Pottery identification
Does anyone recognise this? Chris Weaver has confirmed this as his work. EmptyThu 25 Jul - 16:57 by Wayne

» Topaz Tableware by Crown Lynn
Does anyone recognise this? Chris Weaver has confirmed this as his work. EmptyWed 24 Jul - 15:53 by Ev

» Like Topaz and Like Vintage made in Philippines
Does anyone recognise this? Chris Weaver has confirmed this as his work. EmptyWed 24 Jul - 15:48 by Itsyawnoc

» Crown Lynn bambi lamp for gallery
Does anyone recognise this? Chris Weaver has confirmed this as his work. EmptyTue 23 Jul - 19:24 by BeauMontgomeryEverett

» Shape 72 being used for the first time ...
Does anyone recognise this? Chris Weaver has confirmed this as his work. EmptyTue 23 Jul - 10:38 by Ev

» Blue glaze cup CB?
Does anyone recognise this? Chris Weaver has confirmed this as his work. EmptySun 21 Jul - 17:28 by Ferret

» Vintage Pat. No. 982
Does anyone recognise this? Chris Weaver has confirmed this as his work. EmptySat 20 Jul - 18:15 by nessymc2

» Can you help with identifying this Potters Mark please?
Does anyone recognise this? Chris Weaver has confirmed this as his work. EmptySat 20 Jul - 15:35 by JanPots

Does anyone recognise this? Chris Weaver has confirmed this as his work.

3 posters

Go down

Does anyone recognise this? Chris Weaver has confirmed this as his work. Empty Does anyone recognise this? Chris Weaver has confirmed this as his work.

Post  Hannele Mon 5 Feb - 17:21

In the OP shop I found the cutest teapot, with a rounded bottom and with a lid fitting into the top, not on it. There is also a, very small, mark on the bottom. I have no idea what it is, because I don't know pottery. Does anybody have an idea?

Does anyone recognise this? Chris Weaver has confirmed this as his work. 20180212
Does anyone recognise this? Chris Weaver has confirmed this as his work. 20180213
Hannele
Hannele

Number of posts : 702
Registration date : 2018-02-03

Back to top Go down

Does anyone recognise this? Chris Weaver has confirmed this as his work. Empty Re: Does anyone recognise this? Chris Weaver has confirmed this as his work.

Post  Ev Mon 5 Feb - 19:26

That mark looks very familiar and I hope someone recognises it for you Smile
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17868
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

Does anyone recognise this? Chris Weaver has confirmed this as his work. Empty Re: Does anyone recognise this? Chris Weaver has confirmed this as his work.

Post  Hannele Mon 5 Feb - 20:58

As I said, the mark is very small, at first I wasn't sure what it was, taking a picture made it more distinctive.
Hannele
Hannele

Back to top Go down

Post  Kat & Co. Mon 5 Feb - 21:09

Chris Weaver 1976-1992 mark me thinks.. Marks of NZ Potters book, page 131 cat
Kat & Co.
Kat & Co.

Number of posts : 2314
Registration date : 2012-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Hannele Mon 5 Feb - 23:08

Ooh, interesting. Guess it's research time.
This is so exciting!
Hannele
Hannele

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Tue 6 Feb - 12:07

You could email Chris and get his confirmation that he made the teapot.
There is a contact option on his website:

http://www.chrisweaver.co.nz/

Please let us know Smile
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17868
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Hannele Tue 6 Feb - 12:09

Thank you, I will and I will.
Hannele
Hannele

Back to top Go down

Post  Hannele Tue 6 Feb - 21:08

Chris had confirmed this is his work: "Yes that is a very early one of mine. I'm not sure exactly when I made it but it was fired in my old fast-fire wood kiln."
Makes me wonder where it was all those years, since it was in mint condition when I found it. And did I mention it works beautifully to make tea in?
Hannele
Hannele

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum