NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics

Who made my chunky textured vase please?

Go down

Who made my chunky textured vase please? Empty Who made my chunky textured vase please?

Post  memambo Sat 26 May - 13:39

I've had this for a few years, brought at an auction. I have looked and looked for the mark, tried r's and g's and even rog and variations. I think it's well made and seems to have a lot of work on it. But maybe I'm wrong. I still would've thought the potter would be known. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Who made my chunky textured vase please? Img_0410
Who made my chunky textured vase please? Img_0411
Who made my chunky textured vase please? Img_0412

memambo

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2016-06-26

Back to top Go down

Who made my chunky textured vase please? Empty Re: Who made my chunky textured vase please?

Post  Ev Sat 26 May - 20:23

This scraping technique was very popular in the 1970's and likened to scraping the butter when it was hard to spread on your bread, hence the name heheee
Sorry I can't help with the mark.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 15475
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

Who made my chunky textured vase please? Empty Thanks Ev!

Post  memambo Sun 27 May - 23:38

Okay, so maybe if it was a popular thing back then, it might be a one off or not known maker. I think it's well made but I gotta say, I know squat about what is classed as good pottery. Rolling Eyes

memambo

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2016-06-26

Back to top Go down

Who made my chunky textured vase please? Empty Re: Who made my chunky textured vase please?

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum