NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Mark James Canvastown Marlborough
Richmond Federated Potteries - Any connection with NZ? EmptyToday at 7:23 by Ev

» Help with a Maker's Mark please ????
Richmond Federated Potteries - Any connection with NZ? EmptyThu 25 Apr - 20:02 by LaLa

» Titian mug from fi ....
Richmond Federated Potteries - Any connection with NZ? EmptyThu 25 Apr - 6:50 by Ev

» Studio Ceramics swans and dimensions
Richmond Federated Potteries - Any connection with NZ? EmptySun 21 Apr - 14:36 by Ev

» Catherine Anselmi and Carla Clee 1989
Richmond Federated Potteries - Any connection with NZ? EmptySat 20 Apr - 10:00 by Ev

» Deer and Fawn was made in Japan.
Richmond Federated Potteries - Any connection with NZ? EmptySat 20 Apr - 9:48 by Maryr

» Large colourful vase signed “Ev”? 1990 who is the potter please?
Richmond Federated Potteries - Any connection with NZ? EmptyFri 19 Apr - 10:27 by Ev

» Large striking vase with unknown mark and incised “RATA”:
Richmond Federated Potteries - Any connection with NZ? EmptyFri 19 Apr - 10:25 by Ev

» Steenstra majestic Vase
Richmond Federated Potteries - Any connection with NZ? EmptyFri 19 Apr - 7:13 by Ev

Richmond Federated Potteries - Any connection with NZ?

2 posters

Go down

Richmond Federated Potteries - Any connection with NZ? Empty Richmond Federated Potteries - Any connection with NZ?

Post  DarrowD Mon 27 May - 23:03

I have a jug with a round stamp on the base which reads "Richmond Federated Potteries" & "Made in Australia".
Is it possible that it is connected with NZ Richmond Pottery?

The piece is a character jug of Prime minister Bob Hawke. I would assume it was made in the early to mid 1980's.

Any ideas would be most appreciated.
Cheers Scott

Richmond Federated Potteries - Any connection with NZ? Bobhaw10
Richmond Federated Potteries - Any connection with NZ? Bobhaw11

DarrowD

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2019-05-27

Back to top Go down

Richmond Federated Potteries - Any connection with NZ? Empty Re: Richmond Federated Potteries - Any connection with NZ?

Post  Ev Tue 28 May - 6:59

Wow that is really great!!

I haven't seen a Richmond New Zealand mark like that one.

Here is a Gallery of the Richmond NZ Pottery and Marks ..

https://www.newzealandpottery.net/gallery/Richmond-Stoneware-Mapua-Tasman-and-Mahana-Potteries/Richmond-Stoneware-Mapua-Tasman-and-Mahana-Potteries-cat_c104.htm

I think this would have been made by an Australian Pottery, but I can't find the name in the Australian Potter's Marks.

My only advice would be to ask on the Australian Pottery Discussion on Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/353821314720729/

Good luck
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17729
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

Richmond Federated Potteries - Any connection with NZ? Empty Re: Richmond Federated Potteries - Any connection with NZ?

Post  DarrowD Mon 3 Jun - 14:22

Thanks Ev, I'll try the Australian Pottery group.
Cheers Scott

DarrowD

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2019-05-27

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum