NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Large bowl with unknown mark.
Hotelware ? Hermitage Mt Cook ?  Is Crown Lynn Vitrified Tango Red. EmptyToday at 14:26 by kitsch

»  Who is F Cubbon ??
Hotelware ? Hermitage Mt Cook ?  Is Crown Lynn Vitrified Tango Red. EmptyToday at 13:43 by Ev

» Is this Irene Spiller?
Hotelware ? Hermitage Mt Cook ?  Is Crown Lynn Vitrified Tango Red. EmptyToday at 13:31 by Ev

» Neil Hay Christchurch
Hotelware ? Hermitage Mt Cook ?  Is Crown Lynn Vitrified Tango Red. EmptyToday at 13:03 by Ev

» Dave King
Hotelware ? Hermitage Mt Cook ?  Is Crown Lynn Vitrified Tango Red. EmptyToday at 12:55 by Ev

» Archlynn Ceramics Made In New Zealand
Hotelware ? Hermitage Mt Cook ?  Is Crown Lynn Vitrified Tango Red. EmptyToday at 9:24 by Ev

» NZ Potteries Wellington awesome Teapot !
Hotelware ? Hermitage Mt Cook ?  Is Crown Lynn Vitrified Tango Red. EmptyToday at 9:15 by Ev

» Fabulous early Teapot by Len Castle
Hotelware ? Hermitage Mt Cook ?  Is Crown Lynn Vitrified Tango Red. EmptyToday at 8:55 by Ev

» Martin McLean
Hotelware ? Hermitage Mt Cook ?  Is Crown Lynn Vitrified Tango Red. EmptyToday at 8:48 by Ev

Hotelware ? Hermitage Mt Cook ? Is Crown Lynn Vitrified Tango Red.

2 posters

Go down

Hotelware ? Hermitage Mt Cook ?  Is Crown Lynn Vitrified Tango Red. Empty Hotelware ? Hermitage Mt Cook ? Is Crown Lynn Vitrified Tango Red.

Post  Lyn M Tue 9 Jul - 17:08

Wondering if anyone knows anything about this design. I have seen some in the museum display at The Hermitage Hotel  at Mt Cook. As you see from the photo I have a lot of these and was wondering if there is a name for this design and if it was just designed for The Hermitage. I do want to sell these as we are down sizing so any info appreciated. On the small jug it Hotelware ? Hermitage Mt Cook ?  Is Crown Lynn Vitrified Tango Red. Crown_10
says 715-01. Smile

Last edited by Ev on Tue 9 Jul - 17:59; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : need to add picture but cant figure out how to do it.. [newbie])

Lyn M

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2019-07-09

Back to top Go down

Hotelware ? Hermitage Mt Cook ?  Is Crown Lynn Vitrified Tango Red. Empty Re: Hotelware ? Hermitage Mt Cook ? Is Crown Lynn Vitrified Tango Red.

Post  Ev Tue 9 Jul - 17:30

Oh My Goodness what a wonderful sight I love you

I just found the Vitrified Teapot that goes with this set

https://www.facebook.com/CrownLynnPotteries/photos/a.1415762895154856/2425051090892693/?type=3&theater

This pattern is called Tango Red and was used at the Tourist Hotel Corporation (THC) hotels in the South Island. The North Island used Tango Blue.

Many people collect this pattern and all of the shapes that were made in it, including myself.
You shouldn't have any trouble selling it on Trade me in the Crown Lynn category, but perhaps make the listings in smaller lots, rather than one big lot.

Please add any listings to this post to alert our members.

This is so gorgeous @!!!!!
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17666
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

Hotelware ? Hermitage Mt Cook ?  Is Crown Lynn Vitrified Tango Red. Empty Re: Hotelware ? Hermitage Mt Cook ? Is Crown Lynn Vitrified Tango Red.

Post  Lyn M Tue 9 Jul - 19:09

Many thanks for the info. its good to have a name . Any idea what the items would be worth. Have no idea of the value. Yes they are beautiful, but we are downsizing and we havent used them. i was just saving them !!

Lyn M

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Wed 10 Jul - 7:55

That is a difficult question, but the listings with a red flag sold for those prices on Trade Me.
Not many to use as a guide, but it's all that sold in the last 6 weeks.

https://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/SearchResults.aspx?from=advanced&advanced=true&searchstring=tango&current=0&cid=7500&rptpath=340-2609-&sort_order=default&searchregion=100
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyn M Wed 10 Jul - 8:07

Thanks so much.. Now that I know the name I can do some research. Smile

Lyn M

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyn M Thu 11 Jul - 10:37

Have just listed 2 cup and saucer sets in Red Tango on trademe. I dont know how to share the link on here though. They are in such good condition. Look like new !! Very Happy

Lyn M

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Thu 11 Jul - 10:54

Let me post the listing for you Very Happy

https://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=2226197220
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyn M Thu 11 Jul - 12:18

many thanks !

Lyn M

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum