NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Help with a Maker's Mark please ????
Does anyone recognise this potters mark  Yes it'sWallace Luxton EmptyThu 25 Apr - 20:02 by LaLa

» Titian mug from fi ....
Does anyone recognise this potters mark  Yes it'sWallace Luxton EmptyThu 25 Apr - 6:50 by Ev

» Studio Ceramics swans and dimensions
Does anyone recognise this potters mark  Yes it'sWallace Luxton EmptySun 21 Apr - 14:36 by Ev

» Catherine Anselmi and Carla Clee 1989
Does anyone recognise this potters mark  Yes it'sWallace Luxton EmptySat 20 Apr - 10:00 by Ev

» Deer and Fawn was made in Japan.
Does anyone recognise this potters mark  Yes it'sWallace Luxton EmptySat 20 Apr - 9:48 by Maryr

» Large colourful vase signed “Ev”? 1990 who is the potter please?
Does anyone recognise this potters mark  Yes it'sWallace Luxton EmptyFri 19 Apr - 10:27 by Ev

» Large striking vase with unknown mark and incised “RATA”:
Does anyone recognise this potters mark  Yes it'sWallace Luxton EmptyFri 19 Apr - 10:25 by Ev

» Steenstra majestic Vase
Does anyone recognise this potters mark  Yes it'sWallace Luxton EmptyFri 19 Apr - 7:13 by Ev

» Temuka Elephant
Does anyone recognise this potters mark  Yes it'sWallace Luxton EmptyThu 18 Apr - 11:20 by Melita

Does anyone recognise this potters mark Yes it'sWallace Luxton

2 posters

Go down

Does anyone recognise this potters mark  Yes it'sWallace Luxton Empty Does anyone recognise this potters mark Yes it'sWallace Luxton

Post  JanPots Thu 11 Jul - 8:02

Does anyone recognise this potters mark  Yes it'sWallace Luxton 20190712
Does anyone recognise this potters mark  Yes it'sWallace Luxton 20190713
Does anyone recognise this potters mark  Yes it'sWallace Luxton 20190714
JanPots
JanPots

Number of posts : 2110
Registration date : 2012-05-10

Back to top Go down

Does anyone recognise this potters mark  Yes it'sWallace Luxton Empty Re: Does anyone recognise this potters mark Yes it'sWallace Luxton

Post  Ev Thu 11 Jul - 8:06

Yes it's Wallace Luxton's LW, though I didn't know that he had a stamp as well.
The Galleries are playing silly buggers Janice, so here is a link to his topic ...

https://www.newzealandpottery.net/t4181-wallace-luxton?highlight=luxton
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17728
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

Does anyone recognise this potters mark  Yes it'sWallace Luxton Empty Re: Does anyone recognise this potters mark Yes it'sWallace Luxton

Post  JanPots Thu 11 Jul - 8:38

Wow... from reading the link...is it a special piece? Lol
It was in a 50c bin and I thought why would that be in a 50c bin? I love the feel of the glaze and the colour..
Sometimes I have to wonder how the person pricing things in op shops come up with silly prices.???
JanPots
JanPots

Number of posts : 2110
Registration date : 2012-05-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Thu 11 Jul - 10:09

I only paid $1 for the piece in the link and even though I adored it, I gave it to Phillip Luxton who is the son of Wallace. He had told me that the family didn't have very much of his work. The whole family were well known potters at different times.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17728
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum