NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Help with a Maker's Mark please ????
Looking for approximation of age on this Len Castle wall hanging EmptyYesterday at 20:02 by LaLa

» Titian mug from fi ....
Looking for approximation of age on this Len Castle wall hanging EmptyYesterday at 6:50 by Ev

» Studio Ceramics swans and dimensions
Looking for approximation of age on this Len Castle wall hanging EmptySun 21 Apr - 14:36 by Ev

» Catherine Anselmi and Carla Clee 1989
Looking for approximation of age on this Len Castle wall hanging EmptySat 20 Apr - 10:00 by Ev

» Deer and Fawn was made in Japan.
Looking for approximation of age on this Len Castle wall hanging EmptySat 20 Apr - 9:48 by Maryr

» Large colourful vase signed “Ev”? 1990 who is the potter please?
Looking for approximation of age on this Len Castle wall hanging EmptyFri 19 Apr - 10:27 by Ev

» Large striking vase with unknown mark and incised “RATA”:
Looking for approximation of age on this Len Castle wall hanging EmptyFri 19 Apr - 10:25 by Ev

» Steenstra majestic Vase
Looking for approximation of age on this Len Castle wall hanging EmptyFri 19 Apr - 7:13 by Ev

» Temuka Elephant
Looking for approximation of age on this Len Castle wall hanging EmptyThu 18 Apr - 11:20 by Melita

Looking for approximation of age on this Len Castle wall hanging

2 posters

Go down

Looking for approximation of age on this Len Castle wall hanging Empty Looking for approximation of age on this Len Castle wall hanging

Post  MikeLittle Thu 29 Oct - 18:37

A treasured piece I inherited from my parents. I believe Ron Sang may have bought for them, not positive but he gave them many pieces over the years.

Looking for approximation of age on this Len Castle wall hanging Len-ca10

MikeLittle

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2018-02-27

Back to top Go down

Looking for approximation of age on this Len Castle wall hanging Empty Re: Looking for approximation of age on this Len Castle wall hanging

Post  Ev Fri 30 Oct - 6:56

Hi there Mike,

If you could post a photo of the mark on this lovely piece I may be able to help.
Len made exquisite cut clay pieces over several years, but his mark changed over time.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17728
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

Looking for approximation of age on this Len Castle wall hanging Empty Re: Looking for approximation of age on this Len Castle wall hanging

Post  MikeLittle Fri 30 Oct - 9:07

Here you go Smile

Looking for approximation of age on this Len Castle wall hanging Len-ca11

MikeLittle

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Fri 30 Oct - 9:16

Thanks, Len used this stamp from 1950 to 1994, so that is a wide timeframe.

I do recall lots of wire cut pieces at his Retrospective exhibition Making the Molecules Dance in 1994, but they were from all different times.

You are very fortunate to have such a piece of his work and sorry I can't be more precise.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MikeLittle Fri 30 Oct - 9:29

No problem Smile Hopefully someone else on here may recognise.

MikeLittle

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Fri 30 Oct - 13:52

I went through the Making the Molecules Dance Catalogue and even though there are not many pictures, the descriptions fit for your wall hanging from the 1980's and 1990's.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum